The main section of downtown Biloxi is concentrated east and west along Howard Avenue, which was called Pass Christian-Point Cadet Road until 1896. The antebellum boom of the resort and waterborne trade resulted in the development of the first hotels along the beachfront between Reynoir and Lameuse Streets. Businesses interspersed with homes then expanded north along Lameuse Street and west on Pass Christian Road. The 1870 arrival of the railroad caused the extension of the business district along north Reynoir to the train depot. Disastrous fires in 1884, 1889, and 1900 destroyed most of downtown’s wooden structures, they resulted in the construction of brick buildings.
After traveling along Howard Avenue for two tenths of a mile, turn right (south) onto Lameuse Street and go three tenths of a mile towards Highway 90 (Beach Boulevard). Turn left (east) into the Town Green parking area.