Essence of Biloxi Driving and Bicycling Trail – Stop #5
The Bond-Grant house was built circa 1904 by seafood industry pioneer William K. M. Dukate. He built it as a wedding gift for his daughter, Vera, when she married Brantley A. Bond. The leaded beveled glass entrance, a replica of the original, is the most striking feature of the Queen Anne style house. The shingled façade of the second story is an interesting contrast to the clapboarded first floor. The House originally stood on the south side of Howard, but the city of Biloxi moved it directly north in 2000. Today, the restored home is the office of the Biloxi Main Street District.
Continue on Howard Avenue for one tenth of a mile to the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Cathedral at 970 Howard Avenue (on the north).