Essence of Biloxi Driving and Bicycling Trail – Stop #42
This road and area is named for New Orleans lumber merchant John F. Popp (1835-1900). Popp purchased land on the north and south sides of the Biloxi Bay in 1878. On the northern shore, he built a home on a bluff overlooking the convergence of the Biloxi and Tchoutacabouffa Rivers. On the southern shore, he established a landing for a hand-pulled cable ferry that he installed and made available for the public.