Historic Biloxi Walking Tour – Stop #9
Creole Cottage (c. 1830)
(Dusti Bongé Art Foundation)

This clapboard frame structure dates to sometime between the 1830s and the 1870s. Its importance lies in the use of an early Louisiana folk plan often referred to as French creole. The structure was originally located at 127 Lameuse Street and housed the first free library in Biloxi until 1927 when a new library was constructed on the corner of Lameuse and Water Streets.

➵ Continuing north the next stop is on the next corner on the right.