Historic Biloxi Walking Tour – Stop #3
The Clemens House (c. 1846-52) (Coastwide Reporters)

Emma P. Clemens acquired the house in 1869 and her descendants lived here until 1959. This is one of the earliest houses in Biloxi. It is five bays wide with a gallery across the main façade. A central hall with two rooms on each side comprises the interior. A full entablature around the gallery and a Gothic molded architrave add to the quality of the house as does its plain frieze and appealing cornice.

➵ Continue walking westward on Water Street, cross G.E. Ohr Street and walk a half block to the next stop on the right.